|Aranda Psychology Clinic 84 Bandjalong Crescent ARANDA ACT ph 6253 0100|
|Dr Carol Clark PhD (Clinical Psychology) MA (Teaching) BSc (Science) offers specialist clinical therapies for Children and Adolescents and support for their Families and Carers|
Let me introduce Aranda Psychology Clinic to you:
My name is Carol Clark and I work at my large home clinic in Aranda, specialising in the child and adolescent age group and including their families.
I have 24 years of full time clinical experience with families and young people.
My Case work spans the Mother and infant & toddler years, through the primary school and high school years, into university studies.
In many cases, we need to work for a short time to solve the immediate problems. Equally, some families use my expertise over many years for parenting their children.
My main interest is in the healthy development of the child and the well being of the full family group. I provide clinical treatment and psycho-education for many specific needs for the health, behaviour, and education of the young person.
Dr Carol Clark offers assessment and therapies for:
Childhood problems: in the areas of Behavioural problems, Anger, Sleep, self esteem, school performance, Anxiety, bullying, Friendships, sadness, and Depression.
Adolescent problems: Anger and hostility, Identity, friendships, learning, Anxiety, trauma recovery, grief and Depression, Family issues.
- Assessment and psychometric testing (intelligence, memory, executive functions) for children and adolescents (to age 17 years) to aid their progress in school performance and education planning;
- Assessment of attentional problems (ADHD); assessment of behaviour and Mood;
- Parent and Carer support and education
Dr Carol Clark is specialist trained and offers appropriate clinical therapies for your child's problems:
- ART THERAPY for children and adolescents. She trained with Cornelia Elbrecht in Initiatic Art Therapy Guided Drawing
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) -- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)with Children and Adolescents - Dr O'Kelly and Dr DiMattia (USA)
- Trauma recovery Therapy via Child Psychotherapy and Family support
- Attachment, Bonding and Immigration and Adoption issues
- Child Play Therapy -- Training with child psychotherapist Dr Violet Oaklander (USA, author of Windows to our Children and Hidden Treasures)
- Adolescent Issues and Development---Adolescent Brain development from 12 years to 24 years
- Education for Parents and Carers on Child Development and current Brain (neuroscience) Development
- Family sessions for parent(s) and child/children/siblings/adolescents
Dr Carol Clark offers parent and carer support by teaching in their clinical sessions many skills from these well known programs:
- 1,2,3 Magic for Children - Managing difficult behaviour in Children 2-12 yr
- 1,2,3 Magic for Adolescents
- Tuning into Kids - Emotionally Intelligent Parenting (created by Univesity of Melbourne)
- Effective Parenting - various topics for understanding child & adolescent issues and development
- Defiant Children Program
Dr Clark offers Supervision of new graduate psychologists interested in the field of Child and Adolescent work. She holds a Certificate of Authorisation (Psychologists Registration Board) as a Supervisor of intern psychologists and endorsement for APS Clinical College.